Today is a really shit day, it’s probably because my sister and my Dad go back to Zimbabwe tomorrow and I have to say good bye to them on my lunch break, as well as the fact that I have a Management Accounting assignment looming over my head, a date with my dietician at 3:15 and I can’t find my shiny new running tights. When it rains it pours, or I am just being a drama Queen? 😉
That being said I have been reading a lot of books on being positive and how one does this, the one point I really liked that comes up a lot is writing down 5 things you are grateful for, or that make you happy every day. So I am going to do this, and I think you should too, because why let things get you down when you have no control over them anyways?
Things that make me happy today:
- My amazing family who showers me in love at every possible opportunity and makes me laugh till my stomach muscles hurt (Still the best workout ever FYI)
- My amazing friends – after much self discovery and standing up for myself (which is really hard might I add) I have managed to cut out the people who had a negative impact on my life and I am left with the most amazing, kind, generous people to share my life with
- Running – Being able to put on my shoes, grab my iPod and go for a jog to clear my mind
- Apples – Not the electronic goods, but the fruit, is there anything better than biting in a fresh, crunchy Golden Delicious apple when you are feeling a bit peckish?
- Bows – I just love bows, I recently bought a pair of pumps with bows on them and I feel like I am wearing a present that needs to be unwrapped on my feet all day long *Does a little foot dance*
I am feeling more positive already and ready to take on the day.
What are 5 things that are making you happy today? I would love to hear from you in the comments section 😉
Justine Joy your day xoxo